The design philosophy of Casa Guava is in tune with Culebra life:
- Tropical (high roofs, open spaces, cross ventilation, colorful, big outdoor spaces, Big Room includes kitchen/dining table/living room under high ceiling with fans).
- Enjoy the views (high enough to see the water colors change, center focus on La Pela Bay below, sweep from St. Thomas to the east thru Vieques (southwest) and La Pela bay (US Fish and Wildlife Sanctuary) below.
- Easy and liveable, to enjoy family and friends (polished concrete floors and island kitchen, dinner table for 12-16 people, wood deck with picnic table, hammock and deck chairs; separate terrace for BBQ and lounging, outdoor shower for quick after beach rinse..)
- Catch the breeze (high enough so that it gets the trade winds steadily from the east, privacy in the area allows for all doors to be kept open throughout the day)
- Privacy (only 2 other homes past our road which are seldom both occupied, Casa Guava and all residences nearby are on 5 acre lots).
Equipment and Accessories:
All rooms with a/c and ceiling fans, and reading lamps
Linen, towels and beach towels supplied.
Stainless Steel Refrigerator/Freezer
Island with electric stove/oven... seating for 5
All cooking utensils, pots, pans etc..
Charcoal BBQ in front deck
Beach Chairs for 4
Cooler for the beach (48qt size)
Satellite TV (DirecTV) with flat screen TV
Located in a small room to keep it out of sight of those who prefer not to be tempted to watch TV... but it can be rotated on its bracket to be seen in the big room if a special TV event warrants it.
Cellular reception from most major operators
Internet Available (wireless)
Stereo with Ipod connector
Separate speaker selector for BBQ terrace, deck and Big Room speakers
Second Full kitchen in downstairs apartment
Note: Apartment is only rented as an extension of the upstairs house rental